a day retreat
longer practices for longer lasting effects
yoga, meditation, nutritious food and drinking in all
the elixir of being immersed in nature
next date: TBC
join sarah at s c y s t u d i o - a haven of tranquility in the wiltshire countryside - for a day of movement, connection (to yourself, others + nature) and a whole heap of harmony.
there are many ways to retreat from the hustle and bustle of your daily life; some of us travel to warmer climes once a year, others of us seek mental escapism with a box series on netflix.
yet stepping back to acknowledge the bigger picture of our lives - rather than running away from it - can be part of our regular experience, not only so we get the rest we need (the yin to our yang culture) but in order to develop insight, creativity and room for pure, unadulterated joy.
a retreat is anything which is a departure from the routine; an exploration of new environments and an opportunity for the nervous system to settle and soften - accessing the deep, rejuvenating and transformative space that we crave, especially as we draw closer to our lighter, brighter seasons.
explore this shift in energy, as we watch our neighbourhood come into bloom, by taking a day (long enough to truly drop into the practice, but without the week-long retreat price tag) to apply some mind/body calm balm. you'll leave feeling renewed, full in your heart and light in your shoulders.
what's included in your ticket
- group meditations and energy work
- energising flow yoga
- tai chi-inspired movement to promote relaxation
- pranayama (breathwork) practice
- using your voice for self-soothing
- yoga nidra (a type of 'awake - sleep' meditation), by himalayan salt lamp-light
- myofascial release with yin yoga
- tuning into the rhythms of nature, breathing in fresh countryside air and rambling in the fields
- sharing a seasonal, belly and soul-nourishing vegetarian lunch (think Ottolenghi / Anna Jones inspired)
- sound therapy
- herbal tea heaven, and a light (deliciously sweet) bite to ground us after our yoga nidra practice
- all equipment (mats, cushions, blankets, bolsters, eye pillows, straps, scentered balms - for the aromatherapy fans)
scystudio is hosting this event, with numbers limited so that you receive the personalised, intimate experience we all value and deserve.
to show your interest (and get on the list to be first in the know) click on the purple button below
"I so enjoyed all aspects of the day - yoga was great, food was fantastic and lovely people.
I came away with ideas which is always good and I really felt relaxed.
Marvellous and 10/10!"
"the biggest thank you - you looked after us so well. the lunch was off the scale magnificent.
great company and fun!"